The Isle of Wight is all about community

Community spirit can be found in the rural and urban areas on the Isle of Wight. We’ve gathered together stories that explicitly focus on the Island’s community to share with you.

They might be about a new volunteering scheme, charitable event or grants for local groups. If you have some community information you’d like to share with our readers, get in touch.

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … 10

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … 10

Maddy is now storming ahead in the competition by correctly guessing the last eye spy. Yes, the excellent piece of graffiti can be found on the ‘Tesco’ hoarding opposite the central car park. So,

Friday, 24th March, 2006 10:30am

By Sally Perry with one comment

Ventnor Poetry and Short Story Afternoon …

Ventnor Poetry and Short Story Afternoon …

If you’re at a loose end this Saturday afternoon and fancy something different, head down to the Community Projects. Members of the Neighbourhood Learning in Ventnor poetry and short story courses will be reading work

Thursday, 23rd March, 2006 12:29pm

Cracking Pork Scratchings … In Ventnor

Cracking Pork Scratchings … In Ventnor

Warning: All veggies stop reading now. Last week I was given a bag of pork scratchings by Airon from the Ventnor Brewery … it seems they are branching out and now have a shop full

Thursday, 23rd March, 2006 12:03pm

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … 9

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … 9

Dave got in quick with the last one … yes, it was the Pound Lane car park. It’s still Tuesday, so here’s another. Keeping it fresh, taken only 30 minutes ago. As usual, visit to forum

Tuesday, 21st March, 2006 5:18pm

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … 8

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … 8

You lot are getting through these images far too quickly. I thought there might be days of guessing, but you know your town very well. We still have a handful of images left that we

Tuesday, 21st March, 2006 12:35pm

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … 7

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … 7

Monday, 20th March, 2006 9:48am

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … 6

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … 6

If you read the blog regularly, you’ll know all about our current competition … all you have to do is check out the photo, then flick over to the forum and tell us your

Friday, 17th March, 2006 3:06pm

By Sally Perry with 2 readers' comments

Can You Smell the Ventnor Jazz?

Can You Smell the Ventnor Jazz?

Got any plans for tonight? Fancy something different? Then get yourself down to the Ventnor Winter Gardens. The IOW Jazz Festival present a brand new experimental jazz collective with a bonkers line up, including

Wednesday, 15th March, 2006 10:25am

Give Us A Leg Up …

Give Us A Leg Up …

Last Sunday saw the first speed dating walk on the island organised by Isle of Wight Walking Festival. There haven’t been any comments on the posting, did anyone go along – was it successful?

Tuesday, 14th March, 2006 12:30pm

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … 5

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … 5

Clearly I made the last one too easy, as the first guess was correct. So Leila and Maddy are equal now with two points each. It’s good to know that at least two people aren’t

Tuesday, 14th March, 2006 12:01am

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … 4

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … 4

Leila has pipped everyone to the post again by spotting the flowerpot on the terrace of the Spyglass. If you haven’t been following I Spy With My Ventnor Eye, come over to the forum and

Monday, 13th March, 2006 8:00am

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye: 3

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye: 3

Hmmm … I thought the last one would be hard, but Maddy got in there pretty darn quickly with the correct answer. So, let’s see how you do with this one … It was taken about

Friday, 10th March, 2006 12:01am