The Isle of Wight is all about community

Community spirit can be found in the rural and urban areas on the Isle of Wight. We’ve gathered together stories that explicitly focus on the Island’s community to share with you.

They might be about a new volunteering scheme, charitable event or grants for local groups. If you have some community information you’d like to share with our readers, get in touch.

Ventnor Winter Gardens – The Future

Below is a press release regarding the exciting new future for the Winter Gardens Venue in Ventnor. Please take time out to read it and put forward your thoughts through the forum (you can

Wednesday, 2nd November, 2005 9:52pm

By Sally Perry with 7 readers' comments

Lantern Making in Ventnor

Lantern Making in Ventnor

Anyone in town who has got to know me since I moved here, will know that (when I have the time and am well enough) I like to throw myself into things going on

Tuesday, 1st November, 2005 10:27pm

By Sally Perry with one comment

The Tide Is High ….

The Tide Is High ….

It seems that we’re not the only Ventnor experiencing grey, wet weather today. Our namesake across the pond are battling with torrential rain and storms causing huge erosion of the beach and dunes. The

Friday, 14th October, 2005 11:49am

By Sally Perry

Are Tesco Coming to Town?

Are Tesco Coming to Town?

How will Tesco opening in Ventnor affect local trade

Friday, 14th October, 2005 11:20am

By Sally Perry with 3 readers' comments

Update – Radar sale, video stream

If you’re super keen to follow the auction of the radar station, there’s a live video stream (you’ll need Windows media player)linked from the Allsop

Tuesday, 11th October, 2005 11:56am

By Simon Perry

New Discussion Forums on VentnorBlog

New Discussion Forums on VentnorBlog

I am very happy to say that with much help from Simon, we have just launched a number of discussion forums on VentnorBlog. There will be a permanent link in the top navigation bar, and

Tuesday, 11th October, 2005 10:59am

By Sally Perry

Ronnie Barker RIP

Ronnie Barker RIP

Having just heard the sad news of Ronnie Barker passing away, I did a quick google to see whether he ever visited Ventnor. I haven’t found the answer yet, so if anyone knows if

Tuesday, 4th October, 2005 4:09pm

By Sally Perry with one comment

Black History Month comes to Ventnor

Black History Month comes to Ventnor

You might already know that each year in the UK, October is Black History Month. Diversity is sparse on the island, so it’s encouraging to see that schools and associations are helping to promote the

Tuesday, 4th October, 2005 3:01pm

By Sally Perry

Any old rags?

Any old rags?

I had a spring in my step when I walked into town today, the sky was blue and the sun was glistening on the sea, but that wasn’t the reason why. I was on

Monday, 3rd October, 2005 10:04pm

By Sally Perry