The Isle of Wight is all about community

Community spirit can be found in the rural and urban areas on the Isle of Wight. We’ve gathered together stories that explicitly focus on the Island’s community to share with you.

They might be about a new volunteering scheme, charitable event or grants for local groups. If you have some community information you’d like to share with our readers, get in touch.

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … 5

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … 5

Clearly I made the last one too easy, as the first guess was correct. So Leila and Maddy are equal now with two points each. It’s good to know that at least two people aren’t

Tuesday, 14th March, 2006 12:01am

By Sally Perry with 2 readers' comments

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … 4

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … 4

Leila has pipped everyone to the post again by spotting the flowerpot on the terrace of the Spyglass. If you haven’t been following I Spy With My Ventnor Eye, come over to the forum and

Monday, 13th March, 2006 8:00am

By Sally Perry with one comment

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye: 3

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye: 3

Hmmm … I thought the last one would be hard, but Maddy got in there pretty darn quickly with the correct answer. So, let’s see how you do with this one … It was taken about

Friday, 10th March, 2006 12:01am

Get A Spring In Your Ventnor Step This Sunday

Get A Spring In Your Ventnor Step This Sunday

The yellow heads of the daffs are starting to appear, lambs are bouncing through luscious green fields and speed dating in a different format has finally arrived. As we reported back in November,

Thursday, 9th March, 2006 1:07pm

By Sally Perry with 4 readers' comments

Ventnor Deadly Creatures … Dodging Scooters In Bali

Ventnor Deadly Creatures … Dodging Scooters In Bali

Wednesday, 8th March, 2006 4:47pm

By Sally Perry with 4 readers' comments

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye: 2

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye: 2

Leila was quick off the mark to guess the location of the last image, so here’s the next. You might find this one a little harder … depends on which part of town you walk

Tuesday, 7th March, 2006 10:40am

By Sally Perry with 2 readers' comments

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … One point to Leila

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye … One point to Leila

Well done to Leila who guessed the first image correctly … the gate was on Dudley Road. The

Monday, 6th March, 2006 10:54am

By Sally Perry

Heeeeeeerrrrrrrreeeeeesssss .. The Ventnor Lifeguard Team

Heeeeeeerrrrrrrreeeeeesssss .. The Ventnor Lifeguard Team

Hurrah for the volunteer lifeguards, keeping our bay safe!

Monday, 6th March, 2006 10:40am

By Mark Compton-Hall with 6 readers' comments

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye …

I Spy With My Ventnor Eye …

We thought it was about time we had a little competition on the blog … so … when we’ve been walking around Ventnor, we’ve been busy taking photos (well mostly Simon). We’re not sure how

Saturday, 4th March, 2006 9:49pm

By Sally Perry with 6 readers' comments

Buddle Auction Tonight …

Don’t forget the auction at the Buddle Inn tonight. Make your bids for all sorts of gifts/promises and help raise money for Niton Primary School Library. Think of the

Friday, 3rd March, 2006 12:02am

By Sally Perry

Auction At The Buddle Inn

Please mark this in your diaries and go along for a social at the Buddle – a fun evening (children welcome) and chance for Niton Primary School to raise money to restock the school

Thursday, 2nd March, 2006 11:02pm

By Sally Perry

Ventnor Short and Sweet: Land of Hope and Glory

Ventnor Short and Sweet: Land of Hope and Glory

The quality of the 101-word stories is amazing and I like the idea of having to guess who might’ve written what … hmm … maybe we’ll have a competition soon? Land of Hope and Glory He

Thursday, 2nd March, 2006 11:40am