One thing that is a constant truth – if you don’t provide information, speculation and comment will fill the space.
Last week’s example of this is ‘Party 1’ whose bid for the land beside Newport Football club will be accepted, following a delegated decision by Cllr George Brown.
The identity of ‘Party 1’ still remains unpublished (despite requests to the council), but those commenting on VentnorBlog’s Facebook Page (come and join in!) have been coming up with some pretty sound logic as to who they think it is.
Adsa is coming out top
The majority of those who commented, felt that Adsa was the most likely supermarket.
Mary Hiles think that it’s, “Blatantly going to be a hideous ASDA Wal-mart: Why else would there have been billboards up around the island advertising its wares for months? (Unless ASDA are foolish enough to think that island folk are going to travel to the mainland for their groceries?)”
Kevin Barclay-Jay said, “I heard from a reliable source (if such a thing exists these days) that it was ASDA…..hope development of a site for the Football club is included.”
Supporters of Asda
Linda Cheeki Bassett: Hope its asda as already got the others
Liked by 2 people
- Rob ‘Smarty’ Harrison: Please be Asda, not John Lewis expensive!
- Joy Simpson Costas: Would like Asda, good to have a choice of supermarket. Bored with Tescos!
- Andrew Mayne: ASDA are trying to get on the island. I’ve heard Morrisons are fighting for the land so Asda cant build a store
- Jane Booth Howard: Oh Pleeeeease be ASDA, It Asda be Asda!!!!!!!!!
Sarah Louise: ASDA ASDA ASDA WE WANT AN ASDA!!!
Liked by 1 person
- Ally March: Asda…..pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease !!
Not everyone is a supporter of ASDA taking over the site …
Simon Hoare said, “Oh not ASDA please , anything but . .”
On the more general point, Shirley Boggett said, “Does Newport need another supermarket?”
Do you know?
What have you heard? What do you know?