Friends of the Earth are joining the throng of people urging the Government to step in an try to save the 500+ jobs due to be lost later this month when wind turbine blade manufacturer, Vestas, closes their factory doors.
They’ve created an online petition directed at Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, Peter Mandleson, urging the Government provide:
* A secure future for the Vestas plant.
* Investment to expand the electricity grid both on and offshore.
* Innovation in electricity networks to allow more decentralised generation.
* Solutions to promote greater acceptance of onshore wind.
* A long term vision for green jobs in the UK.
* Development for skills for renewable energy.
If you’d like to show your support, head over to the FoE Website to add your name to the growing list.