Ahead of the D-Day 75 off Ventnor commemorations (all welcome, details within), David Baldwin shares this fascinating background to the town's involvement in the largest seaborne invasion in history.
- Newport and Ryde High Streets to benefit from slice of multi-million heritage boost 14, September 2019
- Ryde School: Explore your child’s education options at Open Morning 13, September 2019
- Shackleton dementia ward will close indefinitely, say IW NHS 13, September 2019
- Isle of Wight’s Quay Arts to host internationally acclaimed ARTIST ROOMS: Vija Celmins 13, September 2019
- Isle of Wight council leader asked to explain why Island Roads have been let ‘off the hook’ 13, September 2019
- Isle of Wight council’s offer for Venture Quays accepted by Homes England 13, September 2019
- Cowes Floating Bridge out of service for longer than announced 13, September 2019
- Sandown man admits killing former Isle of Wight councillor 13, September 2019
- Here’s where the other White-Tailed Eagles have been since their release 13, September 2019
- Spot Faeries deep in Brading Down at this Sunday’s Faerie Festival and Wood Fair 13, September 2019
What readers say
See latest comments ...
Isle of Wight Events