Ahead of the D-Day 75 off Ventnor commemorations (all welcome, details within), David Baldwin shares this fascinating background to the town's involvement in the largest seaborne invasion in history.
- National Trust and Men in Sheds raise £300 for Bembridge Windmill 27, June 2019
- Portsmouth Clean Air Zone plans could include charge for diesel vehicles registered before 2015 27, June 2019
- Million Dollar Bash teams up with Playlist for Life as world’s first dementia-friendly festival confirmed 26, June 2019
- Heatwave warning issued for the Isle of Wight: Tips on staying ‘heat safe’ 26, June 2019
- Ventnor Fringe Festival 2019: A quick guide on how to make the most of it 26, June 2019
- Police search continues for missing 22-year-old woman last seen in Wootton on Sunday 26, June 2019
- Inspirational founder of Aspire Ryde leaving to become Pioneer Minister 26, June 2019
- Join the Lifeboat Lotto and you could win up to £5,000 26, June 2019
- Opposition parties comment on Johnson and Hunt visit 26, June 2019
- Refurbished dementia-friendly Shackleton Ward is up and running 26, June 2019
What readers say
See latest comments ...
Isle of Wight Events