Ferry company CEO to leave ‘by mutual agreement’

The Wightlink CEO, Russell Kew, says, “It is the right time for me to had over the reins as Wightlink continues to invest for the future.”

russell kew

Russell Kew, the CEO of Isle of Wight ferry firm, Wightlink, will be leaving the company by ‘mutual agreement’ reports the CP.

Mr Kew has been at the helm of the ferry company since 2009 and has overseen many changes.

He regularly took part in ‘Meet the Managers’ sessions with passengers and has overseen the £45 million plans for a new ship and port facilities at Fishbourne.

John Burrows, the Chief Operating Officer, will step into his shoes until a new CEO is found.

Mr Kew said,

“I am very sad to be leaving Wightlink, which I have been proud to lead since 2009. but it is the right time for me to hand over the reins as Wightlink continues to invest for the future.”

The move is reported as being by mutual agreement with the company’s board of directors.

New owners
Wightlink was sold to Balfour Beatty Infrastructure Partners LLP earlier this year.

Source

Tuesday, 1st December, 2015 9:58pm

By

ShortURL: http://wig.ht/2dJw

Filed under: Business, Ferry, Island-wide, Isle of Wight News, Top story, Travel

Any views or opinions presented in the comments below are solely those of the author and do not represent those of OnTheWight.

Leave your Reply

5 Comments on "Ferry company CEO to leave ‘by mutual agreement’"

  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Email updates?
chris

Probably a good thing, Wightlink needs a new culture and as they say “there is no such thing as good managers and bad staff”….

ThomasC
This should mean Mr Kew also will step down from his position on the board of our Local Enterprise Partnership (which controls hundreds of millions of pounds of investment in the Solent region). This means two things 1. a new director on the board at the LEP, who needs to come from an IW business, as it will leave us with only one IW-based director – Jonathan… Read more »
Frank James

Or more influence and hopefully better spending than the proposal to destroy sound homes and businesses, skilled jobs, and the slipway, for an unnecessary land grab by RF?

bigj

Anyone taking bets on recruitment consultants being called in?
Our glorious Council can give 19,000 reasons why not – or can they?

Cicero

Condor’s executive chairman, Russell Kew, said: “I’d like to apologise to all those customers who have been inconvenienced over the last 24 hours, and to thank them for their understanding and patience.””

… well he has a lot experience pacifying customers disgruntled with technical failures on ferries and dodgy ramps! New company- same old problems!