Ofsted inspectors recently visiting Nettlestone Primary found that good teaching and learning are enabling pupils to make faster progress in all subjects.
Rated Good in Leadership and management, Behaviour and safety of pupils, Quality of teaching and Achievement of pupils, the school was also rated Outstanding for their Early years provision.
Highlights from the report included:
- Pupils’ progress is good or better across the school. In reading, especially, pupils make great progress.
- Good teaching and learning are enabling pupils to make faster progress in all subjects.
- Pupils are very proud of their school. They say they feel safe. This view is supported by the vast majority of parents. Pupils are thriving and developing into confident young people who are fully prepared for the next stage in their education.
- Pupils’ behaviour is good. Pupils have positive attitudes towards learning.
- The executive headteacher is an inspirational leader. The executive headteacher together with the head of school are highly ambitious and share a clear vision for raising standards.
- As a result of outstanding teaching, children get off to an excellent start in the Reception class.
- Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is promoted well. A range of vibrant and interesting activities is provided which enrich pupils’ learning.
- Leaders and managers, together with governors, are fully committed to providing a high standard of education for all pupils. Their actions are having a direct impact on the rapidly improving quality of teaching and pupils’ achievement.
Full details can be found in the report below, click on the full-screen icon to see larger version.