This in from Visit IW, in their own words. Ed
Organised by Tourism South East, this year saw over 120 entries from the cream of the tourism industry in the South East, with 61 businesses selected as finalists. All will be in suspense until the ceremony when they will learn whether they have won Gold, Silver or Bronze. The winners will be announced at The Grand Hotel in Brighton on Thursday 4th of December.
The Isle of Wight finalists are:
- Swiss Cottage, Shanklin (Highly Commended in the Guest Accommodation of the Year category)
- Shanklin Tourist Information Point (Highly Commended in the Visitor Information Provider of the Year category)
- Whitecliff Bay Holiday Park (Finalist in the Holiday Park/Holiday Village of the Year category)
- Osborne (Finalist in the Large Visitor Attraction of the Year category)
- Corner Cottage, Nettlecombe Farm Holidays (Finalist in the Self Catering Holiday Provider of the Year category).
- Tom’s Eco Lodge (Finalist in the Self Catering Holiday Provider of the Year category)
- Owl & Monkey Haven (Finalist in the Small Visitor Attraction of the Year category)
Winners in matching categories will be invited to represent the South East in the National VisitEngland Awards in 2015.
Recognising vital contributions to tourism industry
David Thornton, CEO, Visit Isle of Wight, said
“The Awards play an important role in recognising the vital contribution tourism makes to the economy of the Island and help businesses feel rightly proud of their achievements. I’m delighted for all of the finalists who will now be able to go on and compete on behalf of the Island at a national level at the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence competition in December.”
Peter Colling, Managing Director of Tourism South East, said
“Every year the Beautiful South Awards are a reminder of the amazing wealth of fantastic tourism businesses and experiences South East of England has to offer. And this year the overall standard of entries was higher than ever making it extremely tough for the judges. Some very fine businesses narrowly missed the cut and the finalists truly are the best of the best.”
Shepherd Neame Chief Executive, Jonathan Neame said:
“We have a diverse estate of 347 pubs and hotels across London and the South East, along with an award-winning Visitor Centre, so we are aware of the important role tourism plays not only in our business but for the South East economy as a whole. We are delighted to support the industry and recognise outstanding commitment to quality, innovation and service, by sponsoring this year’s Beautiful South Awards.”
For more information about the awards and awards night please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Website.