The awards celebrate all that is special and unique about the Isle of Wight, with a variety of categories (20!) including things to do, places to stay and who does the best food.
John, Zoe, Kris, Adam, as well as all those behind the scenes who help make the skateboarding sessions across the Island a reality, rightly deserve the recognition,
They were voted for by the public to become one of the top three nominees, and it was then up to the panel of four judges to decide whether they should get a gold, silver or bronze award.
For all ages and abilities
The skateclub offer very reasonably-priced skateboarding lessons and sessions for all ages, from micro-shredders to the more mature skateboarders. They have a great indoor skatepark in Wootton – which is always being improved – as well as holding sessions in other parts of the Island.
You can find out more about John Cattle’s Skateclub on Facebook and you can also visit the Wight Trash via their online shop or Facebook Page (their shop in Ryde is still doing orders for delivery or click and collect)
The judging panel
The judging panel for the Awards included; Sarah Dawson, Red Funnel Sales Development Manager; Robbie Lane, Founder and Blogger of the Isle of Wight Guru; Alix Robinson from MyIsleofWight, Alixity, and Will Myles, Managing Director of Visit Isle of Wight.
Collins: Great honour and privilege to celebrate and showcase the many shining stars
Commenting on the awards, CEO, Fran Collins said:
“Island businesses are the heart and soul of our beautiful Island. They play a critical role in attracting visitors, and make up many of the lasting memories they take home.
“It is our great honour and privilege to celebrate and showcase the many shining stars on the Isle of Wight whose exceptional standards and customer service deserve to be recognised.
“On behalf of all of us at Red Funnel, I applaud and congratulate this year’s incredible nominees and winners alike. We wish them every success as we prepare for the 2021 season.”
- Best Place to go Glamping – Tom’s Eco Lodge
- Best B&B or Guest House – Victoria Lodge
- Best Hotel Experience – The Royal Hotel
- Best Self-Catering Stay – Garlic Farm Cottages
- Best Campsite – Grange Farm
- Best Holiday Park – Whitecliff Bay Holiday Park
Food & Drink
- Best Restaurant – The Garlic Farm Restaurant
- Best Cafe or Tearoom – Comicoffee UK
- Best Burger – The Cow
- Best Fish & Chips – Stotesburys Fish & Chips
- Best Pub – The Spyglass Inn
- Best Local Produce – Isle of Wight Distillery
Things to Do
- Best Large Attraction – Tapnell Farm Park
- Best Small Attraction – Monkey Haven
- Best Activity Provider – John Cattle’s Skate Club
- Best Island Event – Isle of Wight Festival
- Best Shop/Retail Experience – The Garlic Farm Shop
- Best Place for Dogs – Isle of Wight Donkey Sanctuary
- Best Green Business – Tapnell Farm Park
- Best Newcomer – Django’s
For more information and the complete list of award winners visit visit the Website