The council share this latest news. Ed
The allocation of Isle of Wight primary school places has been announced today (Tuesday), with 97 per cent of Island parents gaining a school of their choice.
- Number of applications — 1,305
- Percentage of applications achieving first choice — 93 per cent.
- Percentage achieving second choice — 3 per cent.
- Percentage achieving third choice — 0.5 per cent.
- Percentage not getting any place — no children are without a place; 20 were not offered a preferred school but instead were allocated a place at the nearest school with places available, ie 1.5 per cent.
Councillor Paul Brading, Cabinet member for children’s services, said:
“We’re absolutely delighted 97 per cent of parents gained a school of their choice.
“We wish all our youngsters starting primary school in September all the very best.”
NB: The figures do not quite add up to 100 per cent due to rounding. The data is excluding late applications and those that have an education and health care plan.Image: laffy4k under CC BY 2.0