Bader Braves Aviation Days offer youngsters with a disability the opportunity to experience the same excitement that famous legless WW2 fighter ace, Douglas Bader, himself enjoyed throughout his life, namely flight in a light aircraft.
- Call for temporary ban on Isle of Wight herbicide spraying as more dead wall lizards discovered 24, April 2019
- Join the Isle of Wight Lifeboat Lotto and support our inshore rescue teams 24, April 2019
- ‘Climate extinction, emergency everything’ is ‘un-evidenced’ says Isle of Wight council leader, Dave Stewart 23, April 2019
- ‘We don’t want to see Trump in Portsmouth’ says city’s Leader on news of President’s visit 23, April 2019
- April is Sarcoidosis Awareness Month: Here’s an insight into the condition by a ‘sarkie’ 23, April 2019
- Labour slam Isle of Wight council over PFI ‘savings’ 23, April 2019
- Virtual reality gaming centre could be coming to Portsmouth 23, April 2019
- Great away win for Wightlink Wizards 23, April 2019
- Red Funnel’s new freight ferry arrives 23, April 2019
- Resurfacing works on Shanklin Esplanade start today 23, April 2019
What readers say
See latest comments ...
Isle of Wight Events