OnTheWight will be reporting live from the January 2018 Isle of Wight Council chamber tonight (Wednesday) from 5pm.
An extraordinary full council meeting begins at 5pm to discuss the Freedom of the Wight for former WWII pilot, Mary Ellis.
The January full council meeting takes place from 6pm. The agenda (see below) includes:
- Independent Remuneration Panel report into members’ allowances 2017/18
Local Council Tax Support Full Scheme Review 2018/19
- Cllr Geoff Brodie’s motion on open democracy
- Cllr Geoff Brodie’s Votes for 16-17 year olds
- Cllr Baker-Smith’s motion to support Bus Shelter
- Cllr Chris Quirk’s motion on Island Line
- Cllr Michael Lilley’s motion on an Isle of Wight plastic free coastline
- Cllr Michael Lilley’s motion on Isle of Wight Equality (level playing field) and Island Status Act
The meeting begins with 15 minutes for public questions.
The live updates that appear below from inside the chamber at County Hall will automatically refresh in the page. Items in double brackets (()) indicate comment from the author.