I visited Lynnbottom the other day and I saw some very useful items being skipped, and after I had wiped my eyes, it lead me to reflect on how we should re-cycle useful items when we no longer need them.
You will have seen those TV property programmes, and being trendy bloggers, you will know how bad it is to have too much clutter around.
Ventnor, and the Island, is set up well to help you free-up your life and reuse the planet’s resources better.
Ventnor has four terrific charity shops, supporting some very worthy causes.
* Louis Mountbatten Hospice shop. Pier Street
* Diabetes Research IOW. Pier Street
* Royal National Lifeboat Institute. High Street
* RSPCA. High Street
* Useful larger items can be disposed of on Island Freecycle, which is like ebay without money changing hands.
* Unwanted furniture can be recycled via the Storeroom, a charitable organisation in Cowes who will collect suitable stuff .Tel 298679
* Surplus computer equipment can be disposed of to an organisation that helps folk who have limited funds. (computability section)
So now your life is free of unwanted gifts and general “stuff”, and you have a nice warm feeling.