If you’ve been relying on the Wightlink ‘Two for One’ offer on the FastCat over recent months, you might be in for a shock next time you go to use it.
One VB reader who relies on the reduced fare to travel to the mainland, got in touch this week to express his dismay at the changes to the fares.
He told us, “Without any publicity, Wightlink ended their two for one offer that could be used on the Fast Cat service last Sunday. This follows on from another unannounced change when Wightlink withdrew the cheap half day return at the end of last year. I can understand, if not agree, with the Ferry Company if they put up fares during peak periods, but when the vessels are barely a third full, withdrawing concessions seems self defeating.”
Any plans to replace the offer?
We got in touch with Wightlink to find out whether the special offer was going to be extended.
A spokesperson for Wightlink told VB, “The 2 for 1 offer finished on 21 March, and there are currently no plans to re-introduce this fare. This fare is a promotional offer and can be withdrawn at anytime, however it did run to the end of the advertised promotional dates. We do have new offers which come into effect from 31 March and these details can be found on our website.”
We checked out Wightlink’s < ahref="http://www.wightlink.co.uk/offers" title="Wightlink">offers page, but couldn’t find any deal that was similar to the two for one offer.
Let’s just hope that they’ve got something similar up their sleeves.